Dragon

Dragon

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Pyrrhic victory

Cast into the lowlands, the lines of my future blur with each passing day and something of a mourning mist clouds the recesses of my soul. My mind has turned into an incriminate battlefield and my thoughts, wage war on one another. My profound successes appear to me like pyrrhic victories and their momentary consequences loom over me like a wanderer who has lost his way in the woods.
This wanderer chases me down a memory lane where shadows are sane and smiles are bane till I spot a ray of light insidiously casting an arrow into this silent wanderer. He vanishes into a hidden place inside the labyrinths of my mind  from whence he came, leaving only a question of dubious doubt in my head. It is at this juncture when I mull over the starkness of life; the lullabies of the light and the demons of the dark. I cannot take it anymore for there is very little road to tread the path.
I chortle on my pulsating fears and tears stream down as I begin to dream. Perhaps the light is blinding and the night is inviting. No more; no more can I bear these insidious insinuations.
I’ve written enough off my mind to weigh it down but a voice from the inside yells, “Nay!” and the very silent wanderer emerges before my naked gleaming eyes. I wanted him to disappear out of sight and for that I doused the light. Truth be told, I was at eternal peace with the dark.
Perhaps….. that’s my problem. 

1 comment: